Known for its treasured history, succulent blue claw crabs and a picturesque coastline peppered with yachts that dreams are made of, Annapolis is also home to some pretty amazing year-round feasts, festivals and events, and this season looks to hold a particularly full dance card…
- Eat, shop and celebrate talented artists at Annapolis Arts Day on June 10th, which is jam-packed with art exhibits, food trucks and interactive art.
- Take in a parade by day and a spectacular fireworks show in the evening this Independence Day.
- Enjoy “Dinner Under the Stars” every Wednesday and select Saturday summer evenings from May to September, an event with live music and outdoor dining reminiscent of European cafes.
- Then crack ‘em if you’ve got ‘em August 4th at the world’s largest crab feast, held annually at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- Attention Lords and Ladies! The Maryland Renaissance Festival, a fun medieval environment where you can much on a smoked turkey leg and wash it down with the requisite cup of mead, runs from the last weekend in August through October. It’s a place where you may find yourself in the presence of “royalty” and enjoy interactive impromptu street acts, 140 artisans displaying their wares and ten stages for jester, minstrel and magician performances. You can even attend a jousting competition in a 3,000-seat arena!
- Plus, hang on to your feathery Musketeers’ hat because Annapolis is set to host our country’s largest in-water boat show in October!
That’s just for starters, so add Annapolis to your to-do list if you are up for some fun festivities this season!